Serious dog breeders strive for purity when it comes to their specialist breeds. Their passion and dedication is as impressive as their pooches!
That said, there will always be 'inadvertent' cross-breeding, from escaped dogs that come across a mate to un-neutered females suddenly going on heat... However, the resulting cross-bred pups are often nothing short of amazing. Some of them are particularly beautiful when it come to their coats and colours.
As for originality, it's almost as if Mother Nature has stepped in to produce some amazing natural works of art!
If you need convicing, then check out these stunning 18 cross-bred dogs...
1. Golden Retriever and Poodle
2. Pitbull cross
3. Australian Shepherd cross
6. Pitbull and Corgi
7. A Catahoula Cur (an American breed that's not recognised by the FCI) cross-breed
8. Siberian Husky and Corgi
9. Labrador Retriever and Great Dane
10. Golden Retriever cross
12. Poodle and Basset Hound
13. Australian Shepherd and German Shepherd
14. German Shepherd and Labrador Retriever
15. Great Dane and Doberman
16. Australian Cattle Dog and Rottweiler
17. Golden Retriever and Saint Bernard
18. Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky and Boxer